Wednesday, December 24, 2008

twas the night before Christmas

Tis the night before Christmas and oh what a sight.
My house looks like someone ransacked it all night.
It's going on midnight and I'm still trying to find
A quick way to clean it,,I'm a little behind.
I'll take a quick rest and get out a blog
While the other half is in bed, no doubt sawing logs.
The presents are almost wrapped ,a few more to go
We're ready for Christmas but where is the snow..
The rain is fast falling and the temperature is high
For these time of year when Christmas is nigh..
Yesterday morning was cold,wendy and in the teens
Today was rainy ,warm and no cold to be seen.
The little ones are home all tucked in their beds
With thoughts of Santa and his reindeer running thru their heads.
Wondering if Santa thinks they have been good and what will he bring
Lumps of coal,switches or toys and other beautiful things.
The letter to Santa is left under the tree
With cookies and milk close by to see.
The big day has come.It's been a wonderful year
Just being alive with all the loved ones near.
My two little girls will be down for a while
I can't wait to see their precious little smiles.
They make life worth living and Christmas no doubt
Would not be any fun without having them about.
I know when they are older they will then learn
That Christmas is the birth of Jesus,the main concern
For now ..they are young and for Santa can't wait
Sometimes I even wonder if they know Santa's fate.
The six year old asked me again...Is Santa for real.
I answered ,,It's all up to you and the way you feel.
If you think theres a Santa then in you he lives
And on Christmas day ,candy and toys to you gives.
If there is no Santa , then the toys are not many
Cause mommy and daddys may not have the pennies.
But how can Santa not bring you your wish
When you've left cookies and milk for him on a dish.
Now theres Dasher and Dancer and Donner and Blitzen
And Comet and Cupid and Prancer and Vixen..
There's corn on the ground for them to eat
While Santa's going down the chimney to leave his treats..
The little one said "Well, what if there is no chimney for Santa to come down.
I said .."You leave the door open and he'll come around.
Oh, How many times have they waited up to see
If Santa is for real,leaving presents under the tree.
Somehow they fall asleep and miss him each year
Just how that seems to happen,I've yet to hear.
I think I hear sleigh bells so I'm off to see
If I can see Santa putting toys under our tree..
To everyone out there...a lot still up no doubt
Still putting together toys,knows what Christmas is about..
I wish you a Merry Christmas ,and a Happy New Year
May Jesus live on in your heart all year..


Merry Christms to all and to all a good night......

No comments:

Post a Comment