Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I sure do miss my

mother...Now here it is almost dark..the six year old is playing in the tub..(that would be my great nephew..that stays here all the time except when he is in school..)
Don't know what got me to thinking about my mom..I guess with my brother having surgery...It seems only natural that when you are sick or in a crisis,you think of your mother..or at least I did and still do...Mom was always there ..If she couldnt be with you ..she was calling and worrying about you...telling you to take care of yourself...never complaining too much...She could'nt see her children enough..I guess thats the way all mothers are...I can see that by having a son myself..I just can't imagine my life without giving birth to a child...and from this I have the most precious two grand-babies anyone could ask for..Pretty little girls at that.I only wish my mother could have lived long enough to spend some time with her gr-grchildren..She loved playing with the little ones ,,her gr-children when they were little....and there would be so many now for her to love.Who knows what the new year will bring...Life moves on,and lives are lost in the years past...I remember the get togethers .all were at mom's...If any of the other six siblings were expected to be in for a visit we would all gather at moms..Talk about not knowing whats going on..My son always laughed about how we could all be in one room...one here and one over there talking ..rather yelling across the room to be heard..while another two were carrying on a conversation..some here and some there...and when the inlaws were there...it was double hectic...Then of course ,you had the friends in your home town that heard you were in town and came to visit so now there is more gathering at moms other then us...My mom..bless her heart...we could have bussed them in and she wouldnt have cared..she loved people...We only hated that more then one took advantage of her knowing how soft and vulnerable she was...Especially the ones she befriended and took in to live with her...not to do her work..she was the one waiting on them..another getting taken advantage of deal..she just liked having someone around all the time .,,,My mom was definitely not a loner...On more then one occasion she had been robbed of all her diamonds from one lady in particular whose name was Ollie or so she went by that name..I watch people knowing that this thief is still running around ..probably robbing some other poor elderly person like she did my mom...We were always amazed at how nothing seriously ever happened to my mom from some of the people she thought she was helping out...One guy(bill) by name even borrowed one thousand dollars and took off...Who knows but maybe one day these two people could be reading my post and they would know that they are the certain two that I am speaking about or maybe their families knows some of their scheming ways..
and could associtate them with an elderly lady in Ripley,Wva..oh my gosh...I feel like America's most wanted now...I just hate people that take advantage of the elderly especially when i am getting there myself and it might be me someday...
I dont know how i got on this post about my mother..I guess its just watching the years go by and how time has changed our lives...Seems like when your mother is gone...theres no more getting together especially when that was the gathering place..Now..the get togethers are family reunions which are usually once a year..And I know that soon will come the time when age will prevent all of us from driving..((((((how depressing that thought is)))and seeing each other will be even more few and between....ok...I'm getting more depressed....the more i think about it..


Welcome in 2009....where the memories of the past years are left behind...
In case this is the last post for this year....I wish everyone health ,wealth and happiness for the coming year....including me.....see you next year......

No comments:

Post a Comment