Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I love to read





my Louisiana sister's blogs...I ,myself did'nt know the girl did so much...gee,,,my life is one boring son of a gun after reading hers..No excitment in this girls life...I thought learning to type in high school was an accomplishment,,and learning how to turn on the computer was a plus,,,and I guess getting a drivers license was the biggest thing in my tender teen years...then graduating,that first kiss was somewhere in there...then getting married,,,having a little one ...now the most excitment I have is being able to get out of bed each morning...being able to do my check book,,and hobble around...If I ever get brave enough I will have to get this knee replacment done...might take care of the hobbling....but when it gets bad enough I will..I have lived with it for the past three years so I have gotten used to it....
Well..my sister just had to make me go out looking for flowers after she scoured the neighborhood and took all those colorful pics and you can see what they look like here...My one little rose is what's left of a minature rose bush that somehow comes back every spring and does'nt want to die away for the winter..Maybe it's my mothers way of reminding me of her...which I think about her a lot anyway,,,but this minature rose bush was one that she sent to me in the hospital room back in 1996 when I had my throat cut...It never seems to grow very big but comes back every year..I use the phrase ..having my throat cut because literally that is what it was..From left to right thryoid..they had found a golf ball size growth but lucky for me it was not cancerous and I had to have the thryoid removed..I remember my son coming in to see me that evening after my surgery and whether you beleive this or not..I was eating a leg of chicken...I have never seen any surgery yet that has kept me from eating..I keep thinking maybe this knee one won't be that bad..Yeah right..who am I trying to bull shit on that one...especially when they cut your leg away from your body....wow...sounds like pain to me...I have had ligaments and cartilages removed and sewn back together in my younger years...but I never was able to roller skate or ski and still don't to this day but I tore mine up by playing ball....soft ball...women's league and co-leagues...I played in store tournaments where I was the only female playing...I never had to worry about those games ...The guys all backed me and I was the pitcher..Thats the only position I ever played..So if i missed a ball ..they were there...There's something about a woman pitching to men...it's like you can freak them out...And I did...Of course it did'nt help when I wore halter tops or shorty shirts to pitch in...And I did look half way decent back then...Distraction killed the guys....It's amazing how some people can do certain sports and others can't...Guess thats what makes us all so unique in our own ways.My other wildest ambition in life would have been able to sing...Can't imagine a more happier way to make money when you love music and can sing..But..I never found that notion...And speaking of notions..I have one that I should be hitting the sack and babble on another day on a post...I was at the hospital today while my brother was having his caratoid artery surgery and if it had'nt have been so noticeable ,I could have laid down on the floor and gone to sleep...And I feel that spell coming on again..Seems like I have lost much more sleep then i intended in the last week or so and i am still looking for a good nights sleep...posting my dead pics and going to bed...........even the dog is playing dead..to go along with the flowers...nothing colorful back here except for the pine trees..they are a pretty green..The pics are hard to figure out..the rose bush is the last one...The 3rd pic is a twig right now and my 3 yr old gr-daughter wanted to cut it down..not knowing it would be a bloom in the spring..The only colorful thing about my azalea bush is the candy canes around it...no beautiful colorful flowers here.....I WANNA GO TO LA.

1 comment:

  1. Ok..don't tell me you didn't do "things". Private plane rides with that honey. The trip to Atlantic City, Providence?
    I know you didn't sit on your butt all those years. Rippin and runnin...I know YOU!
    I'm cracking up here!

    ReplyDelete