Wednesday, December 24, 2008

To be or not to be

This post for everyone to see..
Now I lay me down to sleep
So much left to do that I could weep..
I love the holiday and all its cheer
Just wish it was a little warmer here..
The animals are asleep ,tucked in for the night.
Yet there is movement outside..something just is'nt right.
Maybe it's Santa scoping the town
Waiting to come the chimney down..
The little one can't wait for his presents to see
Thinking they are from Santa when it's really me.
I remember when I was at that age and waiting too
The longest night by far was within the last two.
We all went to bed not making a sound
Waiting for our toys under the tree to be found.
Just one toy we were wanting to find
Knowing we would,Oh Santa's so kind.
Not like today where the kids get many
And we were lucky to even get any..
I guess the biggest gift was having each other
And knowing we had a father and mother...
This post I found was meant for Christmas Eve
I saved it as a draft,a week ago I beleive
Tonight is New Year's Eve and I'll be right here
Saying good bye to the old and hello to the New Year.
One more post for the old year I'll try
Before to the old we say good-bye
Later tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment