Monday, December 29, 2008

Out with the old

and in with the new...Here it is ,,two days before New Year's Eve,,,Where has all the yesterdays gone....Can't beleive how ones life can change so much thru the years..Not only health issues but just years of seasons past...I remember all too well of the "can't wait til New Years Eve to get here"...We sure did party back then..Such was the carefree years...Now,,,it's just like any other day of the year..It's to dangerous to go out and avoid all the drunks running around and at this point I would have to be the designated driver ..Actually ,,now it's more fun to sit and watch people after they have had a little too much to drink and remember how at one time I could fit into that category...It was'nt that hard not to drink especially when I dated a guy that had his own band at the time...
Wild,crazy and fun times .....I feel like the little old lady on the Titantic Reminising about the times on the ship...I'm like my sister ..I want nothing to do with being out on water where I can't see land..Even if I could see land that would be too much distance for me...
I don't know why I dislike water so much...Just seems like anything over my head terrifies me...Crossing over bridges is bad enough..I try not to think about all the water under me and the worst part is ,,,I have to cross over from Ohio to W.Va. at least twice a day when I come to town ...There's no way around it..I do beleive that there is no entry into W.Va. from Ohio without crossing over water all up and down the state line...The mighty Ohio River has to be crossed to get into the mountain state..........Did you see where W.Va. beat N.C.in their game Saturday..Yeah,,W.Va.
I may live in Ohio but I was born and raised in W.Va..and thats where I call home.
Don't care if they do call us Hillblllys...There is a few smart ones that fell out of the trees there...gotcha..cause I did'nt say I was one..
Cruise's for me...as my sister is a no-no...Although we do have a sister that has went on several and loves it...She's one of the ones that has'nt fell out of the tree yet..If she had of ..she would be like us and not like cruises..
I hate my feet dangling in water...I can see JAWS all around me...I don't like fish unless its on my dinner plate...
I never ever thought I would fly . I have twice and all within the past two years..That must be a record ...Someone that has never flown til they are over 50..That would be me..Now ,,I don't like flying either ...I hate heights as well or maybe even more then water...I would rather have my feet on the ground....I do love to travel..Although I can't say my life has been an adventure...but it's been fun..I guess most of my traveling will be turning the pages and going from country to country in my Atlas..
So much for another pointless post..Saturday was a gorgeous day..72 degrees and Sunday was a breezy 52..and today was near 50,but sunny....yet windy...I am ready for spring...10 more weeks til spring...I hear that mess I left in the bedroom calling me..I need to see if I can get my electric blanket plugged in..We are in for another chilly night...
Sweet dreams......

No comments:

Post a Comment