Wednesday, October 7, 2009

went to the doctor and the doctor said

you're two weeks out of that hospital bed.
The knee looks good where it was stitched and sewn
And Pt therapy ,you do most on your own.

He wants me to start PT outpatient as soon as i can get
Behind the wheel of my ford.....alias my corvette.
I return in a month ,,an x-ray he will take
To see if everything is intact and in place.
Went to the first appt..an ecchocardigram they did,
Wasn't really painful,,but i squirmed like a kid.
Couldn't quite get my leg in a comfy spot
So had to grin and bear it...like it or not.

After that we left ..went to Sam's and shopped,
An hour we had til our next appointment stop.
The first time I have ever been wheeled around the store
Now if that doesn't make you feel like a vegetable for sure.
It's amazing how you take the things in life for real
Until you lose what you have,it seems like no big deal.
Having to rely on someone to help you all the time
Would not be an ideal life of mine.

The leg doctor's office was full and packed
And these were new patients,not ones returning back.
I cant believe how many knees and hips are replaced
Why,I can only think, the weak kneed rule the race.
And speaking of knees ,,the bandage was removed by me
While sitting in the waiting room,my name called soon to be.
To my amazement the knee was clean and the stitches in a row
Down across the top of the knee,about 8 inches or so.

Now, here's a pic of the bandage being off the knee
Its really not as bad as I thought that it would be....


I do believe in all honestly my doctors cut was great
It was just the method of the way the ortho floor medicates.
Now whose to blame for the way the meds are passed out
I think they need to reevaluate and turn some things about.
If this is a major surgery as to us they did explain
Then why didn't the meds they use not control the pain.

Alas,,its over and I can only think of moving ahead,
Theres no use looking backwards,its over ..enough said...

No comments:

Post a Comment