Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Improvising


Ok...another object that is my extra hand.......as you can see it is one of the older baby walkers...bless the poor little baby...he hasn't been here since i have had surgery but he didn't like his walker anyway..by the time he gets back,,he will probably be toddling everywhere on his own..I love to watch the first steps...anyways,,,i scarfed up his walker for my carrier...

It is rather hard to carry a glass ,,dish , etc. when you are trying to maneuver a walker but this works great..the extending bar on the walker lets me push or pull it....I used it within the last 2o minutes to carry my ice for my iceman and a bowl of chicken noodle soup...for me.I got a hungry spell.....anyways....at this stage you have to make any improvisations you can to make it easier....to get around...

Tomorrow is the first visit back to my doctor...I just hope everything looks alright...All I see is a dried up bloody mess.

I spoke to one of the patients that had her leg done the same day as mine and she is doing about the same as me with PT and all...Her leg hurts about the same as mine ..and we expect that...Major Surgery is what everyone calls this..well...at this point we are tending to believe it..Like she said we just never grasped what an overtaking this would be..The detailing of explaining all of this beforehand should have been a little more graphic ,,,she used the word misleading....We are glad we are going into two weeks behind us instead of two ahead of us.We shall continue to talk to each other throughout the next year or so to see how each is progressing on a weekly basis..Its good to have someone to talk to to see if our symptoms are the same or if something strange is beginning to happen....Like she said,,,there is no way you can get through this without the doctor writing a new prescription when you need it..Since this is a narcotic ,,it cant be renewed ,,has to be a new written prescription..My friend didn't know this,,,and called the office expecting her meds to be called in to her local drug store...soon realizing after the office had already closed that she couldn't get a refill without picking up the written prescription first...so she said she said she spent an agonizing evening in pure pain....heat or cold ..nothing helped...I told her to watch her pills and just make sure she had enough to not run out over the weekend or the other alternative would be to go to the ER. if she did...Pills are monitored more closely now....As for me,,I try to not take them til i need them..If I sleep 3 or more hours past the time i last took them,,,that's ok.I would rather try stretching my pills as I hate to take pills anyways..I did learn not to leave home without them which I learned from doing just that..

Went to town and thought I would be back before my pills wore off..well..2 hours stretched to 7 hours and this was the second day I was home...so I am making sure I have extra pills with me on this trip to town tomorrow....JUST IN CASE..as I have two office calls before noon..

Right now I will hop off of here,,try to get some sleep as I don't know how this trip to town will be....I know it will be tiring as I am right now..I will update again tomorrow on doctors visit...goodnight all..

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have someone to talk to and that is going through this with you. I relied on my brother in law for information when I would get depressed about the whole thing. He went through it just months before I did so he had a good recollection of what I was going through. I don't know of anyone that has said they were prepared for this. Everyone feels as though they didn't have enough information on what to expect and I know I felt that way too!

    ReplyDelete