Friday, October 16, 2009

the last thing i remember

was talking to the la cajun sister and her saying,,now be sure and take you a sleeping pill..right now ,,while i am talking to you....so naturally like a good patient that i can be (sometimes) I followed orders and downed that pill...remembering the last thing I said to her was that I had to fill up my ice man((((little electric ice pack they sent home with you from the hospital,,which is really neat,,its like an electric ice pack)))..
By this time I staggered to the kitchen within a matter of the next 10 minutes ,,,,switched out frozen bottles for my ice man...and spied the big dill pickles in the frig...ahhhh...I thought ,,pickle slices topped with peanut butter,,yum ,,yum..
fixed a plate ,,toddled back to the living room where my makeshift bedroom is set up for the time being while i am crippling around....easy access to kitchen and bathroom from here..centralized location...
And that is my last recollection of last night...At some point in the middle of the night the man in the house entered the room...and i can remember him saying ''How can you sleep with this overhead light on...???Well...i guess if that sleeping pill hadn't have caught up with me so fast ,,i would have turned off the light....Now,,its morning,,I am awake,,,I turn on the little bedside light and see a empty plate and a butter knife...I carry it to the kitchen.....the sad part is ...I don't remember eating pickle and peanut butter...for all I know the little night fairies could have played a trick on me,,,,,when i went to the kitchen for a shot of coffee,,,I did see the peanut butter jar sitting on the counter........so with no recollection whatsoever,,i must have eaten pickle slices with peanut butter....that ticks me off...I ate a food I like and didn't get the pleasure of tasting it...ok...no more sleeping pills for me til I'm ready for the night to end...one other thing,,,before this surgery ,,I had these sleeping pills..actually they are about a 3 year old perscripton that I had earlier and never worked before...Don't know whether its a combination of taking them with these pain pills or what but everything sure has changed since I have had this surgery..They seem to be working different now..ok..I'm up..early post...and I'll be baccccccccck,,,,

1 comment:

  1. That's just awesome! I'm so happy that you are getting some sleep. I'll bet soon you won't even look 80yrs old. Won't that be just fab?

    ReplyDelete