Tuesday, October 6, 2009

a blanket of warmth




I have a little blanket that always lies with me..
It often gives me comfort whenever the need may be.
It covers me and takes away the cold that chills my bone,
I like my little blanket , her home is my own.
Because you see,,this blanket is really a afghan crocheted with love
From Doris who left this world to unknown realms above.
Doris loved to cook,sew, make quilts and afghans galore,
I only wish I had taken one or two more...
The one I chose is colorful,white with colors through
And when the days are gloomy..the colors cheer me too.
I think about all the time with needles in her hand..

Each weaving back and forth became a colorful strand.

My little warm blanket covers me from head to toe,

I can't help but think of Doris each time I draw it close.

I think of how she may be gone but would be pleased to know,

How her lovely little afghan gives me comfort so.

Occasionally a tear may fall when I think of one so dear,

That is no longer with us but yet she lingers near..

She's in my blanket,,in my pics ,inside my house and out,

Theres not one place that I can see that Doris is'nt about.

I call my blanket ,,my Doris blanket ,by her hands it was made,

It covers me..It warms me,and its like she is with me thru the day.

Thank you Doris , for making these beautiful blankets...for which i truly love....They are a source of comfort crocheted with hands of love...





No comments:

Post a Comment