Tuesday, January 27, 2009

is it rain or snow

rain rain go away.....dont make the roads a film of ice today...
if you must ,,then rain tonight and let the morning sun shine bright.
Ive seen too much snow this year..let the spring time be oh so near..
Its really not the snow thats bad,,,its mostly the bone chilling cold weve had..
When cheeks turn cold and hands are red,,I realize i should have stayed in bed...
But outside to feed i must go...to water and feed the animals i love so....
I feel so bad when I run late,,,knowing they depend on me for food on plates.
Sometimes i wish my animals could talk,then feeding them is worth the walk..
But then again , what would they say..."Where's your ass been today?
We've been outside in the cold..waiting on you makes us be bold...
To have to wait on food from you,,not knowing if its a 10,,12 or two...
And how do we they would say,,,only rate one meal a day...
You people eat all day long,,you need it you say to stay strong...
When morning comes we need to be fed,,,it was a long time ago we went to bed.
Our feet are cold,our noses red,,from wind blowing around our heads...
If animals could talk,we would say,,Make all this damn weather go away..
My newest little pig has yet to see..how pretty the spring and summer can be..
We took her harness off today...she is more tame.and shouldnt stray..
The man in the house thinks this weather is neat...no sweat,no humidity .no hot heat.
not me...give me the summer...I hate cold weather,,,winters a bummer...
Its the end of january,,yahoo,,,about six more weeks to make it thru...
I already can see the crocus appear,,but they come thru the snow this time of year,
Its Easter lilies that i love so.,,red tulips and feeling the warm wind blow..
When the yellow flowers can be seen,,they are so bright on the grass so green..
The smell of spring just cant be beat,along with the colors and the birds tweet.
The hummingbirds are a pretty sight,,drinking their nectar in the bright sunlight..
The bird boxes will be up soon,to be ready for the new mammas to swoon...
The thoughts of spring,,,i just cant wait,,to have the warmer weather is going to be great.
I guess i could have taken off for a warmer place,and came back at a warmer rate..
But to live in the east is really kind of neat,,we get cold,warm,,lukewarm and then heat..
The seasons change..the colors too,,,from drab and dreary to spring anew...
I guess if my life wasnt meant to be here...i wouldnt be here from year to year....
Now how i got on a poem,,beats me...but it is more easy ,,the rhyming for me...
You can write in words or rhyme...whichever to me is more then fine...
Before too long the grass will be up,and a job every week to keep it cut...
I would rather on the outside be..house cleaning is not for me...
Now mowing the lawn i love to do...but as for lawnmowers you have to use two..
the riding one for cutting,,push one for trim..and all the places the big one wont fit in..
The only think I hate is weed eating ..sooo,,,instead of that contraption i use a hoe...
The pool will be open,,the kids outside to play,,and my life will be a little easier,,i say
the bugs I dislike ,,ticks,,spiders and such...and they probably dont like me as much.
I squash'em and chase'm to make them leave..but stupid bugs,,they come after me...
Now I am always wonder how can that be,,that they aren't afraid of the bigness of me..
It would be so different ,,if they would disappear,when they saw me coming near...
Just why a bug thinks they can crawl or bite,,,on you,,just doesnt seem right...
Take a sweat bee,they wait for the chance,,to get in a bent place or up your pants..
I know they are here for a purpose..but what can it be,,,,just to torture you and me....
Yeah,,,the only good thing if any about winter...the chances of seeing these critters are slimmer.
In the south the nutra rats,crocs and gators are many,,,here ,,we will never see any
So I guess I should sit and wait..for the weather to change and then watch the fate.
Of the predictions ahead,and stay in off the roads,,,cant go in freezing rain we are told..
So here i am posting ,,ready for bed,,the little ones nodding ,,there goes his head...
a bath he has had,,pajamas are on....hes off for the bed,,,,now he is gone...
In the morning a new day will break,,,after a fresh night of sleep hes wide awake..
Some days are a squabbling all day,,and being stuck in the house..doenst help much i say...
For the last three days there has been no school...for parents it sucks..for kids ,,its cool...
Dont know why snow days are when its cold...summertime would be much better im told.
The snow has fallen,,3-6 inches or so...but the cold frigid temps make it ever so cold.
Give me summer,,fun in the park,,,and daylight more before it gets dark....
Im off to the kitchen,,id love to have ice cream..but settle instead for cookies and cream..
I would only be colder trying to eat.....the cold ice cream..when there is no heat.
There is heat on the inside but none on the out...and thats what eating ice cream is all about.
To cool you down on a hot summer day....not in the dead of winter with ice on the way...
So I' off to fill this emptiness i feel....of hunger and drink,,in need of a meal...
After all its almost midnight,,,a midnight snack i see in sight....
Earlier on when the man went to town...i said see if any cookies are to be found...
I wanted something chocolate and sweet,,,and got not one but four packs of cookies to eat..
Theres butter and chocolate..yum,,yum...Ive pigged out once,,,now im on the second run...
Cookies and coffee .oh what a treat...fills up the tummy with a yearning so sweet...
Im ready to crawl under the sheets...with my electric blanket on....how neat.......
To sleep all night and not be cold...is oh so neat when you are this old...
So goodnight to all...another day ,another post...nothing exciting that cant wait...

goodnight to allllllllllllllllllllllllll

No comments:

Post a Comment