Sunday, February 1, 2009

week with no electric,,HANNAHS BIRTHDAY

Hey...its Thursday....cant get on line so I thought I would sit here and type a long letter which may end up being a post on my blog because I cant get on line to do anything ...off line ,,yeah..

Well,,,after me making the last post Wednesday and saying I thought we were going to get spared the ice and outages...wham-bam...no sooner had I posted to my blog then it started snowing huge thick snowflakes...any other time I may have thought they would have been extremely pretty but not in the situation we were in already....everything on the Wednesday morning awake was frozen and iced down...my trees in the back of the house had snap ,crackled,pop and split away from the tree with branches broken off and fallen on the ground...my pine trees and willow trees looks like someone picked them up and shook them upside down....they are really grotesque looking as far as looking like a tree.....I'm hoping that when the ice melts that they can spring right back but I doubt that very seriously as they are in this heavy bowed down position for too long..already has been too long and they are predicting that we will not have electric until Sunday...It sucks trying to cook on a wood stove but hey,,at least we do have something to cook on and heat the house with...these people that are all electric are the ones that are going to have a hard time keeping warm...I just went out and fed my silly animals...2 p.m. And the little pig felt warm to my touch...her little feet look pink from the cold and the bigger pig is already pink so I cant tell if his feet are pink or not...must not be cold because he and the lamb(sheep) are out running around everywhere...the wind chill is 15 and my hands were froze when I did come back in.

We did get the generator up and running...so at least we do have TV........whoopeeee...and we have it hooked to lights in a few rooms ..three TV',,both up and down stairs..the refrigerator, and we alternate between the coffeepot and the electric griddle to cook on upstairs..the frig downstairs we took all the frozen food out and either put upstairs or in a basket on the upstairs porch as it is suppose to get to 9 degrees tonight.........not good..........Its funny how even soup and grilled cheese sure taste good when you cant get anything else to fix..I would like to have a bake potato but microwave takes too much electric to use..the wood stove was used to fix macaroni and cheese and bbq's yesterday...just want to start early or not be starved to death because that's a little more time consuming to cook that way..We are not in a ideal situation to be picky as far as when it come to eating because there is only so much you can fix with a griddle...we did have eggs and sausage this morning..and toast...My living room and the rest of the house looks like I am wired to be blown away any time...there is electric cords running every which direction...we are just trying to stay out of getting tangled in them..It is a little after noon on Thursday...it makes a long day not having electric..not too much you can do...need the electric to heat the hot water tank..so we don't have instant hot water..OK,,I am going to save this and take a break ...finish later...........

Subject: Friday morning..still no electric

o.k the dawning of a new morning didn't bring our electric back on just more snow..it is going on 10a.m...as I am typing away and stopped to look out the window it has started snowing and it is white as far as the eye can see from sky to ground...oh no.....they said we are suppose to get more snow...well.be darned....here it is...another Arctic cold front is suppose to be moving thru bringing more snow so of course our electric is going to be off for a while longer....only thing different about today is ..you have to admit,,,it is pretty but cold...the wind has picked up and now the tree tops are swaying back and forth....and the sun has finally shone.....now all the icicles (sp) are glistening and sparkly from the sun hitting them..I could welcome the prettiness if only it didn't affect my way of living...I do get out my little camera and take pictures ...I may enjoy looking at them more in the middle of the summer when it is 99plus temperatures...if only it would get warmer then the 29 they are predicting it might melt some of the ice..but then again...the snow has accumulated another 2-3 inches and still coming down..the ice is somewhere about 3 layers down...talk about being deserted...it feels like we are on a desert island compared to the people around us....finally the town of coolville.....closet town to us ...about 3 mile has gotten their electric on...but the rural areas haven't as of yet...we can see our electric lines running thru the fields beyond us and they have tree branches on top of them ....the electric company might make it out this way by Sunday.....guess they work on the more populated areas first which sure wouldn't be this country road we live on...OK,,,I need to stop and finish this later..going to heat some water to take a bath...wow...this is going to be fun,,I can tell..NOT..so I will finish this later....
I feel like Anne frank and her little diary which is basically what blogging is like....




WELL,,HERE IT IS FRIDAY ...BE DARK IN A LITTLE WHILE...AND STILL NO ELECTRIC...WE HAVE STILL BEEN HEARING IT COULD POSSIBLY,,,MAYBE BE SUNDAY THAT WE COULD BE GETTING IT ON....I DON'T SEE HOW...WE HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN ANY ELECTRIC TRUCKS ANYWHERES CLOSE IN OUR NECK OF THE WOODS....AND ANOTHER BIG STORM IS MOVING THIS WAY MONDAY....OH WELL..I GUESS IT COULD BE WORSE....AT LEAST THE ROADS ARE TRAVEL ABE IF YOU HAVE A 4 WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE WHICH WE DO BUT IT STILL DON'T MAKE ME WANT TO BE OUT ON THESE ROADS....NO SIRREEEEE......IT IS STILL A BONE CHILLING COLD....SUPPOSE TO GET IN THE SINGLE DIGITS TONIGHT AGAIN....AND I DON'T WANT TO BE CAUGHT OUT WALKING.....
THE FRESH LAYER OF SNOW WE GOT TODAY COVERED THE FRESH TRACKS FROM YESTERDAY SO EVERYTHING WAS PURE WHITE AGAIN...NO MAN OR ANIMAL TRACKS ANYWHERE TIL THE SUN CAME OUT TODAY...I SAT IN THE SUN IN FRONT OF THE WINDOW ..FELT JUST LIKE YOU WERE SITTING IN FRONT OF A FIRE...SO NICE AND WARM......STILL DIDN'T GET QUITE WARM ENOUGH TO MELT THIS ICE AND SNOW...MAYBE SUNDAY...THE TEMPERATURE IS SUPPOSE TO GET TO 43.....I WOULD JUST LIKE TO HAVE CLEAR ROADS....I AM GETTING HOUSETOSIS AND READY TO GO TO TOWN. CANT DO MUCH HERE THAT INVOLVES WORK WHEN I HAVE EXTENSION CORDS LAYING IN THREE DIFFERENT ROOMS AND HAVE TO HEAT WATER TO CLEAN WITH........AND WATCH WHERE YOU ARE STEPPING....IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO NICE IF THE BROADBAND COMMUNICATION WOULD HAVE STILL BEEN UP AND RUNNING AND YOU COULD COMMUNICATE WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD..SO BE IT.................
THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD WINTER FOR ME TO HAVE WENT SOUTH FOR A VISIT....I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A TRIP ACROSS COUNTRY BY TRAIN..I HEAR THEY ARE A NICE WAY TO TRAVEL...AT LEAST YOUR FEET IS CLOSER TO THE GROUND ....HOW I EVER GOT IN AN AIRPLANE IS BEYOND ME...BUT I HAVE AND I DID...
OK...I NEED TO SHUT THE OL PUTER DOWN ...GET ON HERE AND VENT A LITTLE BIT...PUT THESE IN SAVED FOLDERS AND SEE IF I CAN GET THEM OUT LATER.....
I WONDER IF WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A HOT SUMMER SINCE WE HAVE HAD A HELLIOUS WINTER.......SEEMS LIKE ONE FOLLOWS THE OTHER..........COURSE IT WAS RATHER DRY LAST SUMMER....NO RAIN TO AMOUNT TO ANYTHING DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS OR GARDEN TIME....I'M THINKING ABOUT A GARDEN ..SMALL ONE...ESPECIALLY TOMATOES...ME AND THE LA. SIS DID CAN A FEW QUARTS OF TOMATOES canned LAST YEAR..THE GOING AND GETTING THEM WAS MORE FUN THEN CANNING THEM I MUST ADMIT..OL MAN TRIED TO SELL US MELONS...IMAGINE THAT...AND THEY WERE WAY HIGHER AT THE TIME AT THE FIELDS WHERE THEY WERE BEING GROWN.THEN THE ONES AT THE MARKET WERE.....WELL..I GUESS MY COVER IS BLOWN SO I MUST GET OFF OF HERE FOR THE TIME BEING...WILL SAVE AND TRY TO SEND OR POST LATER.................



well..here it is Saturday morning,,,another sleepless night with out electric.....the generator kicked off a little after 9 so by that time we were settled in and decided to go to bed since it was already on its way down to 7 degrees...figured we would just restart it in the morning or maybe...just maybe if we were fortunate enough our electric would be back on but that was not the case...another cold morning..sun shining bright but the temperature is not high enough to melt the ice off the lines and branches and wherever else it has accumulated....TV is predicting we should have our electric back on by Sunday midnight just in time for the next round of winter weather to hit....hopefully it will go higher or lower and miss us this time...if not...it is only suppose to be snow.no ice...so that's good ...and if we get our electric on before it hits that will be even better.....
I just cant imagine what the pioneers and Abe Lincoln days were like..this crap of trying to read by oil light is for the birds....not bright enough for me..but then again I guess that's whats wrong with us ...compared to the pioneering days we have had it too good with electric,,running water ,,,cars ,gas and such....Guess if you never had it you aren't going to miss it .......but once you have been spoiled with everything its hard to go without....I feel like I did when I was growing up...sponge baths along with heating water for it and the dishes....maybe I could just put the dishes in the bath with me and wash dishes and take a bath at the same time..I can just picture that...CANT YOU.......yukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkky,,,,,,
OK...today's my oldest brothers birthday and I cant even email him....with the computer still down......so maybe I will have to call him...I think he is 71,,,I cant imagine making it to the seventies...in one sense it doesn't seem that far away yet in another it does.....happy birthday Elvin......
OK....I'm getting in a real shitty mood from being without electric for so long so guess I had better close for the time being on this little episode....maybe I will catch everyone by the spring thawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
Its really quiet in the country this time of year ..not too many people out and about with it being so cold...so occasionally you will hear a pop like a gun shooting and know its a tree cracking and falling....then in the still of the country quietness you can hear the loud roaring of generators running with the houses that have them knowing they still don't have electric either.....


SUNDAY,,,MY HANNAH'S BIRTHDAY.......FEB 1ST
OK...here it is Sunday...i had the above posts in emails cause the silly computer would let me work off line just didn't have a Internet connection..now i do.....for the time being..they have our server up and running but we still don't have any electric..the electric guys said it would be Monday nite at the earliest....so another day of waiting....ok..i have to send this post...like right now ..because the generator has knocked me off of here three times already...cause it is bogging now on us ..think it has dirt in the line or carburetor.......so i will catch everyone when i get the electric back on............................... today is my oldest grdaughters birthday..she is seven going on seventeen ...she is a beauty....she had a small birthday party today with family and school friends and had a good time...she is my joy and sunshine...along with her sister who is younger.I have been blessed with these two little girls...and couldn't ask for more.I remember the day she was born...I have never seen a baby a few hours old actually grin...her dad picked her up and she actually grinned when he talked to her,,,,..i have a picture to prove it..which i may dig out at a later date when i make another post on my Hannah...........................HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH.......................GRANDMA LOVES YOU...will post a birthday picture later...

weehee..the dawning of Monday morning sure hasn't bought us any electric either....when it does come on it could be anytime ...morning noon or night....no warning....everything lights up that you had on when it went off..........cant wait...o.k..i need to jump off of here and try to clean my kitchen up or do dishes anyways....new way of heating water for the dishes is the coffee pot..takes a few minutes for the water to heat up but at least it is hot..so I'm going to go work on dishes........will catch everyone later..hopefully when the electric comes back on...the ol generator acts up and shuts down on me...and when it does I'm scrooged...so I'm outta here...

No comments:

Post a Comment