Thursday, February 12, 2009

a pooh day


It's a Pooh day in the 12 acre woods.........A wet ,blustery ,windy,dreary day..I can still hear the wind howling outside...It is not as bad as last night...Around 6ish we started to get hit by the rain and high winds that we don't normally get around here...I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz waiting for the roof to come off the house...The first go around was a little much ..We had just finished eating...I was warming up a piece of apple pie so i could have ice cream and pie..yum yum,,,,and all of a sudden the wind started howling ,,,things were blowing around outside ,,,it was lightening and thundering....so I grabbed my pie...hurriedly threw some ice cream on it..fixed a bottle for the baby ,,stuck a diaper and a flashlight in my pocket ,,then ran ,,,well hobbled in the living room and scooped the baby up off the living room floor and proceeded down the stairs into the basement..We sat in the basement watching out the windows not able to see anything but big sheets of rain and the wind blowing it sideways.....well,our electric flicked off and on three times and we just knew it was going to go ...to our surprise it came back on and woo hoo ...stayed on...The storm continued for about 15-20 minutes then moved on through...They said it would move thru quick but in the aftermath we would have high winds til 6a.m. this morning ...well this morning the wind is howling and it is still dark so I haven't been able to see out and see whats what...
All I know is ,,,i did not want to go thru one more night of no electric....It was a high of 74degrees yesterday but overnight the temperatures dropped to the 30's...
The baby couldn't figure out the lightening flashes and the thunder....
My mother always said that "The angels made God mad and that's where the thunder comes in.."..Someone else said ..."When its thundering ,they are bowling in heaven..."Is that not silly or what....Personally I don't know where it comes in at,,I just know I don't like the lightening...I kinda like to hear the thunder...
OK..There is power all out in different places in WVa ,Ohio and Kentucky again..I'm just glad ours stayed on....and on that note I think I am going to crawl back in bed with the baby....The wind is suppose to be 40 mile an hour til 5p.m this evening and that's pretty gusty for us that never hardly gets any...They did have a tornado watch out............and I'm out of here.............later..

No comments:

Post a Comment