Friday, February 13, 2009

black cats...ladders,,13

Another blustery day in the 12 acre woods...It is a no coat weather day..Its amazing how the temperatures are only in the 40's but it feels like a summer day after all the subzero days we have had.
Now..any other 40ish day I would be freezing but it just feels good with the sun shining.........Our driveway has dried up with all the wind but as soon as it rains it will be a muddy mess again...One of the big rains we had a while back took all our gravel and shoved it all down to the bottom of the hill which made it bare in the middle where we needed it most..So needless to say we will have to re gravel our driveway...another job among all the others there is to do...

It was a long but fast day today...I headed in to town to take the little one back to his parents..
After dropping him off I headed up to the school to the 6 year olds Valentines party....The joy of little people ...They are all so nice,,,and of course they don't forget anything so as soon as they see me its "HI Moose" from 20 first graders....And of course I have my camera...I cant believe that no other parent even had a camera ....I carry one in my pocket book...never know when you get a chance for a good picture shot...Usually when you find a good shot you don't have a camera with you...So I took care of that....

Its Friday the 13th..Not that I am superstitious but its just the thought if something does go wrong ,,,you can just blame it on the presumption that something is suppose to go wrong because its FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH and the bright side is,,,there is two more Friday the 13ths this year......so far ,,so good..I made it back to town in one piece....Dropped off my little fella and picked up the 6 year old...He is suppose to go to the Ohio University basketball game tomorrow with the man in the houses sister and her husband....that is if he doesn't change his mind by then.....He is kinda hesitant of going without one of us tagging along....So,,I may get a little piece and quiet for a little bit tomorrow while he is gone...If not,,I definitely will Monday cause it will be back to school for this one...I will miss the little one...He's quite a bit of company ...is a little more time consuming to take care of but its worth it..BABIES ARE GREAT.
Especially the ones that come for a short time then go home ...and you can pick and choose when you want this one....
Not much happening on the ol farm...The temps are suppose to keep dropping and a lot colder by Sunday..Maybe snow.....whopee.........hope not....I'm so ready for spring..I'm ready for greener pastures.........and I'm sure my animals are too...The walk pond was froze solid during the ice storm that we had and I figured our little fish would be minced fish...but I have seen 4 so far...Don't know how they live in the frozen ice but they did...
ok..got to jump off here....i'm hungry ,,,sitting here eating on mixed nuts...cinnamon almonds and cranberry pecans....26 0z..worth..yum,,yum...a Walmart special...markdown price of 3 bucks from 9 bucks....I love nuts....I've ate 3lbs of pistachios and this makes my second tray of this kind in one week....I can eat nuts from the time I get up till the time I go to bed and I usually do...I hate it that you cant buy those bags of mixed nuts that they only sell at Christmas time any other time of the year...Makes you kind of hesitant about eating the peanuts but I have been anyway.....Don't know when they will get this peanut scare straightened up...It sure hasn't stopped people from buying peanut butter,,,including me...I bought a jar of Skippy last week but haven't opened it yet..waiting to see if they pull it...
ok..enough of this post....got to go strip my bed...Its filled up with baby blankets and pillows...wash day tomorrow......laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment