Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I am sick


of winter....I have had enough...seems like the only thing mother nature can do is tease us with a few warm days then slam us with yet another storm...Yesterday and today are bone chilling days...the ones with the windchill and blowing wind with them...I honestly don't know how my poor animals survive..I don't believe the St. Bernard even gets cold with all that hair...but I cant help but think that my poor little piggys do..The hair on their backs stands up about 4 inches..they look like miniature porcupines...but wirely thin,,and neither one will keep the straw in their boxes...they shove it all to the outside...and keep their tattered blankets inside which couldn't be warm....go figure ...animals..you gotta love'em....
The temps are suppose to be in the 30's today and 51 tomorrow and 55 Thursday with rain...Right now I will take the rain over the snow...least it has to be warmer to rain...

Guess I will take the little one back home today...Didn't take him home yesterday because the whole city of Parkersburg was and still is under a boil advisory ..that means adding bleach to the water you use...so these kids mother decided to let them stay here...We thought they would cancel schools but they are supplying bottled water and hand sanitizer to make it through...Some foreign object running through the water system from a broken line...so its contaminated..

Well....today is my older then me but in better shape..well not right at this time with her knee bummed up...sister in La's birthday...Lets see,,,I'm 35 so she must be 38 or somewhere close...How's that for staying young...Of course ,,,we Italians seem to stray a little bit from the truth anyways...Of course if you are Catholic you don't have to worry about it..Isn't that the way it is...Raise hell all week then repent on the weekend...
Maybe that's not the way all Catholics are but I've seen enough of them that do just that so I'm beginning to think that as far as religion goes......Go Catholic...Whatever wrong doing you do thru the week is wiped away when you go to confession on the weekend.Now how in the name of heaven did I get over on the subject of religion from wishing my older but in better shape,well not at this time with her bummed up knee,, sister in La's a Happy Birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY ..HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....HPPAY BDATHIRY........HAPPYA BIRTHDAYA.
(pig latin))speaking of ...remember how you could talk back and forth in pig latin and no one knew what you were saying ..was kind of cool..someone thought it was one of those jibber jabberish foreign languages we were doing...
Oh,, the joys of getting old..I must say ,,it is a little different..You don't wake up wondering what you are going to do today or make plans for the weekend....You just take it one day at a time and consider yourself lucky if you even got to make it out of bed,,,,oh...Life can be a beach....and I guess you are on a down hill slide when you get on the other side of 50..I mean those people that are...not here..not this girl in the mid-thirties...NOW...DONT everyone fall off their chairs on that one.
Taxes..Haven't done mine yet...Seems like everyone is in a rush to do theirs as soon as those w-2's arrive ..not me...I tend to wait until near the due date ..being that I don't get anything back anyways...I think we should be able to file for what we have lost in our mutual funds and investments...to hell with the stimulus money they gave us...oh well...such is life...

ok...there just isn't nothing going on in my neck of the woods.I cant believe that I am going to town today..Its Tuesday..I hate going to town on Tuesdays...Friday and Sat. and Sun...Tuesday is Senior day and everyone is crawling out of the woodwork to get their senior discount...Fridays is pay day so all the working peoples better halves are out grocery shopping and Saturday and Sunday the whole dang family goes to town as a family....I like hump day...and snow days...The winter forecasts of snow brings people out that never existed before to stock up on their groceries....And I mean they act like they are going to be without for weeks...Everything is scarfed up off the shelves..Oh well....As long as I have toilet paper and bread..I am happy..

I am sitting here freezing my butt off..thinking about going in on the couch and curling up under my warm blanket til daylight hits....Computers ..They sure don't make it for you to be comfortable on them...How can you ..sitting at a desk in an office chair that makes you squirm around,,,by the time I get up and leave ,,my legs are shaky,,my back hurts,,,I'm stiff and I feel like I need a chiropractor,,,which I've never been their either...Ok...done decided I am going to hit the couch again..I'm sleepy...We have one of those big around couches and the 6 year old is scared of his own shadow so he sleeps on one end and I get the other...That way I can see the tv all night and half ass watch tv..so HAPPY BIRTHDAY again to my older but in better shape then me sis,,except for her bummed up knee...

I'm off to the couch for a few more zzzzzzzzzzzzzz'z..

No comments:

Post a Comment