Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Silence is golden

when you don't have it all the time....Every once in a while it is pure heaven to just bask in the stillness of a quiet house,not having to get up and find or get something for the other occupants in the house...just to do what you want and not to be interrupted by someone stopping you right in the middle of something for a drink,or to find something that they are looking for and should be able to find but I think its easier to just ask ME.....never minding that I am being stopped from what I am doing....for gosh sake don't stop me ,cause half the time I don't know what I AM doing..which in this case is just sitting here typing away at a bunch of senseless shit but if you made it this far you might as well keep on going....cause it don't get any better.
Today is Tuesday....Nothing ventured ,,nothing gained on this side of the mid east...I was going to give the older but a little smarter sis in the bayou country a call but I keep forgetting that they are a hour behind so I nipped that idea in the butt and thought I would just sit here in the 12 acre woods and bask in the quietness....
Grass,grass .grass....whew whee...do we have a bunch of this green shit...wish the green was in the dollar figures instead..all we have been doing since the monsoon rains quit is trying to beat down the knee high grass,,I mowed about an hour last night and ,maybe a couple hours and still didn't get it done...I do like the outside work and my inside goes to prove it....I hate housework...yuk,yuk,yuk,My son was down over the weekend and he weeded for almost six hours straight and there is still more to do....another day that will be...I planned on going out when it warms and the grass dries and use the push mower but then again the humidity is suppose to be really bad the next couple days....This weather is getting to be a little on the nerve wracking side...It goes from one extreme to the other...air on one day ..heat on the next ,,,,then the frost hit two nights and wham bam thank you maam...there went my petunias and my tomatoes....a little on the brown side...oh well...my green thumb must be attached on someone elses hand cause I haven't found it...
The gr-girls were down the weekend and it was a bit nippy but we played outside a good bit...They cant wait for the pool to open but it's going to be the end of the summer before it warms up with the weather we are having....We are suppose to get rain again this weekend....can't wait for that hell week to happen.
Well..theres nothing new and exciting in this ol girls life...I'm just lucky if I am able to jump or rather stumble out of bed each morning and I cant use drinking for an excuse ....have to see what mood my knee is in....like having a kid you have to pamper around.....
This has really been a bad year for funerals so far...I think there has been at least seven people that have passed that I was acquaintance with....and I so hate funerals....The ones around here are so sad....We bypassed a church on the main street when we were in Texas and loud music and whooping and hollering was going on...I thought now thats some church to be going to.....not realizing that it was a funeral and they actually had a live band singing....what a way to go out...thats the way I want to go..Everyone partying and dancing and having a good ol time....I'm just going to be pissed cause I would be the only one laying down....my luck...
Oh whoa..this blog isnt going anywhere....I was going to have a serious blog on the past couple weeks...I really dont know where the time has gone....Most of the time has been spent in town ..when the 1st grader stays all night ,I have to make that 20 mile trip to take him to school ,,,then he had ball games at least 4 nights a week and I would just hang in town and pick him up after school and I would be in town for 12 hours..He has a ball game tonight but I plan on going to town around noon or so and pick him up,,grab a bite to eat and off to the ball game we go.
Soon school will be out and my trips to town will probably be few and far between ...
I went to my dental appt. yesterday...cleaning and x-rays and money out of the pocket...I paid 60.00 for a half hour cleaning ,40.00 for x-rays and 30.00 dollars for the dentist to just look in my mouth and see if I needed anything fixed..Sure enough,,I have to go back in two weeks for a crown that has chipped and my tooth is achy to hot and cold.I guess that is'nt too bad when I have'nt had to have anything major done in the past two or three years..The golden years is taking all my silver and green......Actually I need to have my mouth wired shut for about 6 months so I can shed some of this weight....I have never been gifted with so much weight in my lifetime as I am now....even when I had a baby in the hangar....Must be the miracle grow food that I eat...really nourishes my body....speaking of ,,I think I am going out and spray roundup around all my trees and bushes so I won't have to weed eat that much.....Actually the rock bed that I put down in the walkway last year is the way to go...weeds are few and far between and no mowing.
Ok...enough is enough...I have so much to do like I do every day and like every other day I never get it done...I can just find too much other things I would like to do and trust me HOUSE CLEANING is not one of them...so I'm off to pout and wait on my sis to call cause I know as soon as she reads this or I read hers...the phone will be ringing..later on..

No comments:

Post a Comment